The ever increasing complexity of the today’s enterprise IT environment presents a difficult challenge for IT Service Support organizations who are facing the reality of “doing more with less” — while improving customer satisfaction. End users support presents a unique challenge due to the shear number of applications (productivity, line-of-business, etc.), that many users have gone mobile and that the typical end user computing environment is going through constant change, which we all know is the root cause of most problems.
The net result is an overwhelmed, reactive IT support staff that and are facing some difficult challenges.
- Higher call volumes, longer wait times and higher abandonment rates
- Longer support calls
- Lower first time fix rates and more costly escalations
- Declining customer satisfaction
Utilizing Support Automation technologies, Enterprise IT Service Support organizations can reap significant business benefits that include:
- Transform the support organization from being reactive to being proactive — thereby increasing end-user and support staff productivity and satisfaction.
- Reduce the support load (fewer calls) on the service desk through automated resolution of known problems.
- Reduce the AHT (Average Handling Time)
- Increase FTR (First Time Resolution), eliminating costly escalations
- Improve end user satisfaction
How do Enterprises Derive Business Value from Support Automation?
Enterprise Service Support organizations should consider deploying Tific Support Automation in phases.
Immediate results can be achieved by deploying phone-based intelligent assisted service to reduce call-handling time, improve first call resolution rates and improve customer satisfaction metrics.
Deploying proactive self-healing automation for common, reoccurring problems (based on service desk analytics) that touch the service desk can immediately reduce the number of calls and shorten queue length – freeing up service desk analysts to work more pressing issues.
Moving from a phone support channel to a chat support channel is enabled by Tific’s intelligent assisted service and will have a substantial impact on service desk efficiency and overall customer satisfaction. Adding a chat support channel is a natural evolution from phone-based assisted service. Blending phone support with chat offers significant business benefits.
Due to the uncertainty of end-user adoption, MSPs and desktop outsourcers, are cautious to make a commitment to invest in adaptive self-service. However, committing to the Tific support automation platform provides a foundation and vehicle to implement a successful self-service program that can lower service desk incident volume by as much as 40%.